- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup instant rice (you can use any kind of rice you like. I prefer instant because it does not get gummy)
- 1 egg
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3-4 hollowed out peppers (you can use red, yellow, or green)
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mix ground chuck, rice (uncooked), egg, and onion until well mixed.
- Stuff meat mixture in to peppers, any leftover meat mixture can be formed into meatballs.
- Place peppers standing up in a baking dish and pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and add mozzarella cheese to top of peppers.
- Leave uncovered and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.