- 4-6 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced, then halved
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 14 ounce can of chicken broth
- 1 pkg of brown gravy
- Season both sides of chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Heat oil in skillet and sear both sides of chops. Remove from pan.
- Add onions to the hot pan stirring until they are soft. Making sure you scrape up the brown bits in the bottom of the pan as you go.
- Add in the flour and coat onions.
- Once flour has mixed in, add the chicken broth and stir until it starts to thicken.
- Add pork chops back to pan, cover and SIMMER (DO NOT BOIL), for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove, add one package of brown gravy mix to sauce, and serve with mashed potatoes and smothered gravy.