- 4 chicken breasts cut into halves
- ¾ cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used freshly grated)
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and spray large cooking sheet with cooking spray. (I lined mine with foil first to keep chicken from sticking.)
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter and lightly brush the chicken, then dip in breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat for remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little cooking oil on top of the chicken and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon marinara sauce over chicken and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 for minutes until cheese is melted.