- 2 pounds chuck roast cut into bite side pieces
(our stew meat works great for this and cuts down on prep time)
- 1 c celery cut into chunks
- 4 carrots cut into chunks
- 4-5 potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1 20 oz can petite sliced tomatoes
- 1 T salt
- 2 T sugar
- 3 T minute tapioca (to thicken)
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- Place in a roaster and mix to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cover and place in 250 degree oven for 5-6 hours. Don’t hurry the stew, as the long cooking time are the key to its success.
Serves 4-6. This is great with biscuits or a loaf of french bread.