- 1 stick of butter
(do not use margarine, the oil breaks up the sauce)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups milk or cream
- 2 Lbs bacon sausage
- 2 cans Pillsbury biscuits
- In large skillet melt butter, and add flour.
- Stir until a thick paste and bubbly.
- Cook on low for a few minutes to incorporate flour.
- Whisk in milk or cream until thickened.
- Cook sausage and drain. Add to thickened gravy and add more milk or cream if gravy is too thick.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions and serve with warm gravy.