- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
(I used the Crescent Sheets much easier to work with)
- 2 cups chicken chunks, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, frozen, steamed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- On a cookie sheet, spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle. Press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise.
- Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
- Using scissors, cut horizontal strips 1 inch apart down each side of the crescent dough.
- Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
- Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
This will make 2 braids.
*variations: Try ham and asparagus, or chicken and a veggie medley.