For the casserole:
- 1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts cut up in small pieces
- 1 c rice cooked
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese divided
- 2 pkgs Crushed Ritz Crackers
1 stick melted butter
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1½ cups of Cheddar Cheese
- In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli, rice, and chicken.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, flour, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat down to low, and add 1- ½ cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour over the chicken and broccoli.
- Top with 1- ½ cups grated cheddar cheese.
- Melt the butter, and add the crushed Ritz crackers.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.