- 24-ounce jar medium salsa
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, defrosted
- In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos.
- Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture.
- Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours.
- Serve chicken with salsa mixture spooned over top,or shred and use as a taco filling.