- 1 pound pasta (I like the small pasta shells, it hold sauce and peas really well)
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ pound Pancetta (I cubed mine, but I think I prefer the thinner sliced Pancetta, cut into ribbons)
- 1 clove garlic, diced fine
- 4 T butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 T chicken stock or white wine (I’ve tried both and prefer the chicken stock)
- 1 cup heavy cream (you can use light cream)
- 2 cups of frozen peas (thawed)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta, add salt and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In pan, heat olive oil and garlic on low, don’t burn the garlic!!
- Add Pancetta and cook until it is brown, set aside in dish.
- In same pan, melt butter and add onions cook until soft.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and Pancetta and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add in the pasta, and coat with sauce.
- Add peas and Parmesan cheese and serve.