- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (I used pre-packaged instant)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix mashed potatoes and 2 Tablespoons of taco mix.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
- In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add Salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly.
- Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.Whatever toppings you like. Cut and serve with sour cream.